Tuesday 17 March 2009

Green highway!! intro

12:30PM, 6th feb 2006.. I reach my destination with minimum baggage but excessive luggage on the crown in the form of "hope"of living a life "king size" in a city less known to me called "Nasik". Indeed, the bus ride from dadar to nashik did give me a pre-cursor to what was to follow. By then , I had already formed a picture of what nasik would be and how I would be tuning my lifestyle to match what it has to offer.


Days and months passed by ,unnoticed, in the hustle and bustle of downstream manufacturing set up and I was just reassured by a wise saying which goes "the more you run after something the farther it gets from you!!".. Yes. I was caught up in the business where subervience pays..Some how I was not upto it and I wanted to get into something where I could let my hair down and drown all my frustrations . Thats when Orkut Büyükkökten came to my rescue. Call it devils workshop but my unreiable wit drove me to form a community called "Nasik rock mania " [I know its kinda corny..] ..A few inquisitive wannabes did give a cursory action but seeing no chicks in the community opted out of it..Weeks and months passed by and the community was more or less dormant...But as a last resort I called in for a meet up with the residual members and found that 3 of the few members wher genuinely into music and one of them already playing for band that participated in I-rock..Here, let me introduce these 3 blokes...




Rahul Barve: ..aka Chottya..Plays leads and rhythm..Struggling to complete his 3rd yr MBBS in a shady college which is in the outskirts of nashik [ Boy..he must be having a time of his lifethere!!].Prior to this , he played for a band called "eggless love cake" [PPle these days try real hard to name their bands] as a rhythm guitarist. The only alternate profession that I think which aptly suits him is that of a stand up comedian for his satirical jokes that can leave you grieving in pain if dont have the heart to laugh at yourself!! Trust me..!!



Dr. Chetan Gujrtahi: Gujrathi but marathi by heart...Reserved on the exterior but what lies beneath the skin is hungry soul waiting to bombard a poor soul like me with unwarranted knowledge about musical history /gadjets and technology. Has had a shot on writing lyrics thoughy cheesy but good enuff for a gut thumping jam. Good chap to hang out with and has a thing for beer whilst jamming ..a culture that I am completely oblivious to..



Harshal "junkie/ geoffrey" pandya: This man jus bumped it to us out of the blues just when we were seriously looking out for a bassist...The uncrowned prince of sarcasm ...Chandler!! Watch out for gotu..[Thats what his folks call him!!]..King of exaggeration ...Anda a pussy to the core!!! Even a toddler can send shivers down his spine with "it's" [I don wanna be a sexist here!!] tell-a-story!!

Serendipity cast its spell on me as I was the only one..mind you..the only one [it seems :P] in nashik who could play 4X4 on a 5 piece drum kit...the blokes had no option but to settle for me!! yooo hooo...and thats when our band formed!!! Ever since we formed it we knew we're not gonna jus sit and jam for kicks!!...we knew from then on, that sweat has to drip and blood has to boil!!..[jeez!! i am surely not meant for writing blogs and I really donno if its worth your time!!]

No comments:

Post a Comment